Friday, June 25, 2010

No real topic today

Right, I thought I was going to update this thing on a regular basis. Well, real life has decided to jerk my chain to the extent that, when I do think about that next entry, I sit here with that thousand-yard stare with not the foggiest idea what I'm going to write. It happens. I can say that I have written recently, but nothing I particularly want to share. Was that writing relevant in any way? Certainly it was. My baby sister sees fit to call me out on the subject matter from time to time. I should listen to her more often, and that's all I'm saying on that.

So, what is going on that I don't mind revealing?

British Petroleum is starting to really piss me off. Everything related to it, really. The internal politics as we know them, the company turning a blind eye to those whose livelihood is dependent upon the Gulf shores, and probably most grievous of all to me, Rep. Joe Barton kowtowing to the corporate giants, showing once again that a lot of public officials do not care, and probably do not even know, about the little people. And in the WTF Department, how about these items:

http://staugustine.com/forums/general-local-discussions/doug-russo-blames-gulf-spill-gods-judgment

http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewnews.asp?id=32838&AuthorID=44353

http://redeemedhippiesplace.wordpress.com/2010/06/18/gulf-oil-disaster-planned-event-to-cause-mass-fema-evacuation/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GBTuUOZuSI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_1fyV71x5w&feature=channel


Yeah, you get the idea.




Okay, next up: hair loss. Notably, mine. I don't mind the going gray part. I've had silver temples for ten years now. I like them. Other people like them. I can even handle a bit of receding hairline. But the thinning out of my once glorious tresses is starting to alarm me, and that seems to have coincided with my being on medication for hypertension. I can see my scalp, and it's freaking me out a bit. And I can't ( and won't ) do a combover or anything goofy like that. I could shave my head, sure. Maybe even cut it short. But at this point...nope. I rather like the long hair phase for now. I will investigate this undercurrent of vanity. But if I ever get to the moment that I realize I have a skullet, and nothing will change it, and I have to resort to wearing a bandana a la Bret Michaels, or a cowboy hat a la Dwight Yoakum, off it goes.

In current rotation:
Porcupine Tree: The Incident and Fear Of A Blank Planet
Coldplay: Prospekt March
Jeff Buckley w/ Elizabeth Fraser: "All Flowers In Time"
Cardiacs: a variety of tracks from all periods
Rush: "Caravan" and "BU2B" from the forthcoming Clockwork Angels
Marillion: Misplaced Childhood
Pearl Jam: Live at Benaroya Hall October 22, 2003
Daniel Johnston: "Walking The Cow"


Random picture:
















I like migas and green eyes. And I am hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment